Friday 19 May 2017

Breathe... Exams will pass!!!


I have gathered some tips to help you feel calmer and more positive about exams or assignments that are ahead .



Now take a deep breath, smile and believe that you can do this.


Here are some tips to get you ready to prepare for exams or assignments:


1. Planning
I make a plan which contains all of the things I need to include in my assignments or I list all of the things that I need to revise for.  Making a plan of action is the best thing to do for you because it can help you keep organised and focused on each task.

For example if I had to write an essay I would make a plan like this...

Introduction - Set the scene on what you are going to talk about


Main body - Add a for and against argument in each paragraph

- Topic 1
- Topic 2
- Topic 3

Conclusion - A summary of what you have spoken about and add your opinion.


2. Music 
I found when I was studying for exams that instrumental music what best for keeping focused on what you are doing. By listening to this type of music you are not focussing on the words of the song but mostly listening to it as background noise. I used mainly movie soundtracks.

3. Time
I used the Pomodoro Technique to help me study. This technique is a time management method which uses a timer to break down work into 25 minute sections that are separated by a short 5 minute break or a long 10 minute break.

Here is a website that can tell you more details about this technique and advises you on what to do in your break. The Pomodoro Technique

Here are some ways in which you can try out this technique: 

So when all this is over. Stop worrying. Relax and have a fantastic summer

Links to websites that will help you manage with stress


Good Luck!

Love from, 
Emily xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© With Love, Emily and Louise x. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig