Sunday 13 August 2017

Having a holiday in Britain isnt all bad...

So I went to Devon for 2 weeks between the 21st of July and the 4th of August. I took sooo many pictures so it was a struggle to choose my favourite ones to share with you. Britain has so many beautiful places that a lot of people don't see for the pure fact that they don't holiday in the UK because of the unpredictable weather. I will leave a location names and captions for each picture. I hope you enjoy.

Buckland Court, Slapton, Devon
The Garden of our cottage house. This garden had a lot of wildlife such as ducks and barn owls.
A baby barn owl that lived in a tree in the garden. 
The mother of the barn owl was locked a way as the mother has previously killed 2 of its young. 
This barn owl flew away I hope a few days after this picture. 
The garden backed on to a farmers field and I am so proud of this shot. 
There were so many sheep, cows and chickens. 

Dartmouth day trip pt.I
 The harbour of Dartmouth was full of little boats and Yachts.
The colours of the houses made the place look so beautiful in the sunshine.
A chip shop take away called Rockfish does the most amazing fish.
 If any of you visit I recommend.  
This Paddle Steamer looked so beautiful gliding across the water.
 I have never seen one of these before and on my second week we booked to go on it and it was surreal trip. I'll write more about it along with pictures further down.

Plymouth National Marine Aquarium
This was one of the biggest tanks I have ever seen. When I took this picture everyone was watching the fish and the people inside the tank cleaning algae off the sides.  
I love jellyfish and I love how this one looks blue under the lights. 
I love how this one looks like it is surrounded by stars. Its tentacles are so long.

Paignton and Torquay
Paignton pier just looks like the definition of summer. 
Shortly after this picture I had an ice cream and was then attacked by a seagull who flew off with my ice cream leaving me with the cone. 
This hotel centered along the sea front looks like a castle but I never found out any information about it. The beach was so peaceful and it was a hot day. 
Rhis steam train is called Braveheart I wish I had a chance to go on it because it would have been such an amazing experience. Maybe next time!
I took this while sitting on the wall by Torquay Harbour. The sea is so blue and looks so beautiful. 

Slapton Sands
 
This beach was the neares one to our cottage and it is also a beach that holds a lot of history. In the picture below I will explain more..
This is a restored sherman tank that was raised from a seabed in 1984. This tank is a symbol of the biggest losses of life during the second world war. It is an unofficial tombstone for 946 men who lost their lives during an exercise where many still lie in unmarked graves. This information was taken from submerged.co.uk. To read more click here

Babbacombe Model Village
The model village has been open since 1963 and there are 413 buildings and an estimation of 13,160 mini people. Find out more here!


Candice brown 2016 winner of the Great British Bake Off.
Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood 
I loved this especially with my new obsession with RuPauls Drag Race.

Len Goodman from Strictly come dancing and Matt Allwright from Watchdog.
Doctor Who's new Doctor Jodie Whittaker 
Game of Thrones Daenerys Targaryen and Drogon.

Babbacombe
Views from the top of the hill. How blue is the sea though!!
The beach below looks like the one from the model village.

Dartmouth day trip pt.II 
The view of Dartmouth from the Paddle steamer seen at the top of this post.  
 Travelling down the river was so tranquil yet very windy. The views were amazing and I struggled to choose my favourites.
I love the colours and the engraving on this window detail. Every part of the paddle steamer was amazing. What a wonderful experience. 

I had a wonderful two weeks holiday although the weather was hit and miss with a few days of sunshine but the experiences were amazing. I hope to go back to Devon in the future. The journey there took a long time from the West Midlands to South West Devon it took approx. 6 hours there and took 9 hours to come back due to heavy traffic on the motorway. 

A wonderful time away and now I am back writing posts once again for you. I hope you enjoy this type of post. Leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible or follow us on twitter at NeverlandPerks. Have a wonderful week. See you soon.

With Love,
Emily xx








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© With Love, Emily and Louise x. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig